Last Updated on 2024-03-02 by Admin
In today’s digital age, convenience and efficiency are key factors when it comes to managing our finances.
With Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) leading the way in innovative banking solutions, customers can now easily access their accounts and perform various transactions from the comfort of their own homes or on-the-go.
GTBank offers two main platforms for online banking – GTBank internet banking and the GTWorld app.
These platforms provide a seamless and secure way for customers to check account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, and much more at their fingertips.
In this guide, we will explore how to register for GTBank internet banking and download the GTWorld app to start enjoying these convenient service
With Internet Banking, you can, enjoy the convenience of managing your finances quickly and easily at a time that suits you. You can bank safely and securely – at work, home or abroad.
- 3rd party transfers from your Current/Savings Account to any GTBank account or other banks.
- Check your balance, monitor transactions and print your account statement.
- Pay utility bills, transfer funds between your accounts and to other beneficiaries.
- Request, confirm and stop cheques.
- Pay for your US Visa fee
- Book flight tickets on the following Airlines (British Airways/Iberia, Alitalia Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Aviareps-Afriqiyah Airways)
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world Change password and update your personal details.
Additional Features And Benefits Of Using Gtbank Internet Banking And The Gtworld App
In addition to the convenience of being able to bank from anywhere at any time, GTBank internet banking and the GTWorld app offer a range of additional features and benefits.
Users can easily check their account balances, view transaction history, transfer funds between accounts, pay bills, and even set up standing orders. The platforms also provide access to exclusive deals and promotions, as well as personalized financial insights to help users better manage their money.
With the added security measures in place, such as biometric authentication and transaction alerts, customers can have peace of mind knowing that their finances are protected while enjoying the convenience of digital banking.
What type of transactions can I perform on Gtbank Internet Banking Platform?
Basic Transactions: (These services are automatically profiled)
- Balance enquiry
- View transaction details
- View and download & print account statements
- Update personal details
- Password change
Cash Based transactions: (These functions are enabled on request only)
- Transfer funds to your account and others domiciled in GTBank & other beneficiaries in other banks
- Pay utility bills
- Request for cash and draft in transit
- Cheque book request, confirm and stop a cheque
- Standing order to GTBank and other Banks
How to register for Gtbank Internet banking
- Your account was automatically profiled for this service at the time of account opening and should have been sent to you via email.
- If you have not received your login details, please visit www.gtbank.com and click on the REGISTER button on the internet banking tab or dial *737*6*5# from your registered phone number with the bank.
- Kindly note that the Password must be changed within 2 hours of receiving same.
I have forgotten my Gtbank Internet banking Password, what should I do?
If you have forgotten your Password you can call contact center (GTConnect) on 0700 GTCONNECT (0700 482666328), 234-1-4480000, 08029002900 or 08039003900
For Password reminder you will be required to select option 3 on the menu to request for your current Password to be to be sent to the registered email address in our records.
Alternatively, you can visit our website www.gtbank.com and follow these steps below:
1. Locate the Internet Banking tab and click on the login button
2. Enter your user ID and select the “Forgot your Password” link.
3. You will be directed to the Password reminder page.
4. Enter the answer to your secret question and select the continue button.
5. For security reasons you are advised to safeguard your Password.
If you have been locked out following 3 unsuccessful login attempts, you will be required to call contact center (GTConnect) on 0700 GTCONNECT (0700 482666328), 234-1-4480000, 08029002900 or 08039003900 and select 2 & 0 to speak to an Agent.
*Following authentication, your Password will be re-set and a new one sent to your registered email address. You are advised to safeguard your login details to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
How can I change my Gtbank Internet Banking password?
To change your default Password to one that you can easily remember you will need to:
- Sign in to your account and click the “Self-Service” link in the left navigation bar
- Locate the “Change your Password” menu and click on it
- Key in your default/current Password and input a new Password thereafter.
- Re-input the new Password and then click the “submit” button.
- A confirmation page will then indicate whether the change was successful.
The new Password takes effect the next time you logon to the internet banking platform.
Should you require further assistance, please call our Contact Centre (GTConnect) on 0700 GTCONNECT (0700 482666328), 234-1-4480000, 08029002900 or 08039003900 and follow the voice prompts.
How to register for Gtworld App
With GTWorld, you have a Mobile App that is designed to cater to all that’s important to you seamlessly. GTWorld also adapts to how you love to bank. It leaves it all to you to decide how you want to complete all your banking transactions: with your fingerprint, your face or any four digits of your choice.
How to Set Up The Gtworld App On Your Device
Setting up the GTWorld app on your device is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes.
First, download the GTWorld app from your device’s app store. Once downloaded, open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to register for an account.
You will need to provide your GTBank account number, mobile number registered with the bank, and create a secure password for logging in.
After completing the registration process, you can log in to the app using your newly created credentials.
The GTWorld app offers a convenient way to access your GTBank account and perform various banking transactions anytime, anywhere.
How to Log In And Accessing Your Account Through The Gtworld App
To log in and access your account through the GTWorld app, you will first need to download the app from your app store.
Once downloaded, open the app and enter your GTBank Internet Banking User ID and password. You will then be prompted to set up a 4-digit PIN for added security.
After successfully entering your credentials, you will gain access to your account where you can view your balance, transfer funds, pay bills, and perform other banking transactions.
Make sure to log out of the app when you are finished to ensure the security of your account information.
To change my Password on the new GTWorld App, kindly, select the Profile icon on the top-left corner of your Home screen and select ‘Change Password’. A 6-digit OTP code will be sent via SMS to your registered phone number. Proceed to provide your Secret Answer, then create and confirm your new Password.
If you have forgotten your secret answer, select ‘remind me of my secret answer’ and your secret question will be sent to your registered email address.
Please note that for the first 48hrs after you change your transaction PIN, 3rd party transfers will be restricted to ₦125,000 per day. Your regular transfer limit will be restored 48 hours after your first transfer
To reset my Secret Question on the new GTWorld App kindly select the Profile icon on the top-left corner of your Home screen and select ‘Reset secret question’.
You will be required to go through the identity verification process via Smart Selfie. Once complete, you can create a new Secret Question and Answer (and even include an optional hint).