With the cloud-based meeting platform zoom .This allows virtual conferences with video, audio and screen-sharing options care room for business meetings, interviews, and other purposes.
Whether you need to join a video call with your coworker, or want to connect with family members who are far away, Zoom is a great option that’s easy to use.
Zoom is free to use with some limitations, specifically that meetings are limited to 40 minutes for groups of three or more attendees.If you want to have longer talks without interruption, you can either pay for Zoom’s Pro plan ($14.99 a month), or try an alternative videoconferencing app like whatsapp.
How to register With desktop
You can either register and join from your laptop or from your mobile phone in as much you are fine with either of the platform.
1. download the Zoom desktop app
2. Regster by “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with Facebook” buttons or use email address.
3.You get activation link on your email from zoom
4. Click the “Activate Account” button in the email or copy and paste the activation URL into your browser to activate your account.
5. Once activated, fill in your first and last name and a password.
6. you’ll be given aURL link to your personal meeting …Please you should download the Zoom desktop app. Follow the prompts to install the app.
7.Once the Zoom app is installed,you’ll see buttons to “Join a Meeting” or “Sign In.” To start your test meeting, click “Sign In.”
Click ‘Save File’ and follow the instruction in the orange box.
This automatically download the file and point to it as shown above. Clicking on the Zoom_launcher.exe file will install Zoom, there will be a short pause before a blue progress bar appears indicating the installation.
If an ‘Application Launcher’ or ‘External Protocol Request’ box appears simply tick the ‘Remember my choice…’ option box and then click ‘OK’
8. enter the email and password you just used to sign up for Zoom in your browser. If you registered using the “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with Facebook” buttons, click those buttons here and follow the prompts message.
9.Click on “Home” tab, and then click the orange icon with a camera on it that says New Meeting.
When you select this option, you’ll be taken into a new virtual conference room. Look at the bottom of the conference window for a person-shaped icon with a plus sign next to it, labeled Invite. When you click it, you’ll be prompted to invite people to your meeting.
This can can be done via your Contacts list or by typing in a list of email addresses.
Zoom using the mobile app
1. If you are joining from a mobile device (Android smartphone/tablet, Apple iPhone/iPad) then it will simply prompt you to download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from the App/Play Store.
Just before entering the meeting you will be prompted to enter a display name. This name is simply to identify you in the meeting and is not connected to your University username.
HOW TO INVITE PEOPLE TO YOUR ZOOM MEETING
Zoom via desktop:
Click the “Copy Invitation” button on the screen, a message with your Zoom meeting’s URL, ID, and phone dial-in information will be copied to your clipboard that you can drop in an email or a text message.
Zoom via Mobile app
Click “Send Invitation” button, you’ll be presented with three options: “Send Message,” which will let you text your meeting URL to someone; “Send Email,” which will open up an email with your meeting’s information; or “Copy to Clipboard,” which will copy your Zoom meeting’s URL and meeting ID to your phone’s clipboard.
When you’ve invited the people you want, you’ll need to wait in your virtual room for participants to join. If you need to close the meeting for some reason and make a new one, be sure to choose the End Meeting button at the bottom right corner of the window before starting a new one.
5 Different Ways to Join or Host a Meeting
1. Click ‘Join’ a meeting and enter the Meeting ID provided by the Meeting Host.
2. If you have been invited to a meeting via email, use the link in the email.
3. Click ‘Start with Video’ or ‘Start without Video’ will begin an instant/adhoc meeting, hosted by yourself.
4. From an instant/adhoc meeting you can ‘Invite’ attendees to join.
Via the Home Screen ‘Contacts’, locate the required attendee, click on them and select ‘Meet’. The attendee must have an Otago Zoom account to be visible in the Contacts list and be signed in to receive the invite.
5. Via the Home Screen ‘Meetings’ click ‘Start’ below any scheduled meetings that you have previously made.