Anthony Joshua looking beyond Kubrat Pulev to fight Tyson Fury

The WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight champion,Anthony Joshua’s fight against IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev on June 20 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has been shift to October due to Covid-19 pandemic.

Fury and Joshua’s undisputed fight is now likely to take place in February 2021.

Fury will likely face a re-match with Deontay Wilder in October, whilst Joshua has targeted a July return against the Bulgarian Pulev.

Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed the latest development to Sportsmail saying: ‘With everything going on and the fact we have no idea yet about when we will be allowed crowds, and what size crowds, it won’t be the summer.

‘I think it will be in the window between October and December. Sooner would be better than later because we don’t want it to be a year between fights (Joshua beat Andy Ruiz in December).

There had been speculation Wilder and Pulev would step aside, thus allowing Joshua and Fury to meet this year, but the heavyweight champion says, despite the hype, the meeting with Fury is not yet his main target.

The 30-year-old WBA, WBO and IBF champion told DAZN, “I’m working towards beating Tyson Fury, whether the bookmakers, believers or doubters want to be with me or not, I have to believe it. I am working towards beating Tyson Fury,”.

Advertisements
, , , ,

About Admin

Advertisement, Content marketing and  sponsored post: contact : Kokobest04@gmail.com
View all posts by Admin →