The social media technology Facebook has finally launch Facebook messenger desktop app for windows and mac that will enable users message and video chat with friends and family from your computer.
The app can be download from Microsoft Store and Mac App Store, with this user can now message friends and start video calls, just like on the mobile and web versions.
Download Facebook Messenger for PC and Mac
You can download Facebook Messenger app from the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store.
- Go to the Windows App Store.
- Click Get the app.
- Go to the Apple App Store.
- Click Get.
Highlights of the Facebook Messenger Desktop App:
- Group video calls on a larger screen. Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
- Multitasking. Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications. You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop. You’ll never miss a call or message no matter what device you’re using.
- Easy to connect. You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
At moment Facebook Messenger Desktop app can only handle up to 8 group video call participants, opposed to 100 or more with Zoom and Google Meet.
It also doesn’t offer a way to easily share a URL that lets other people join a video call, so it’s not useful for public webinars at the moment.