United kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson who spent three nights in the ICU, where he was moved after his coronavirus symptoms worsened has been discharged from the ICU at St Thomas Hospital.
Johnson remains in hospital and will be taking the advice from his medical team, the spokesman said, but there are no plans for him to go to the UK Prime Minister’s countryside retreat, Chequers.
A video showing the moment Boris Johnson was waving at the staff of the hospital while being wheeled out of the ICU has surfaced online.
Johnson publicly announced that he had the Coronavirus on March 27, leaving the UK’s leader sick amid the national emergency.
A statement from the British government on Friday said,
“The Prime Minister has been able to do short walks, between periods of rest, as part of the care he is receiving to aid his recovery,” the spokeman for 10 Downing Street said.
“He has spoken to his doctors and thanks the whole clinical team for the incredible care he has received.
“His thoughts are with those affected by this terrible disease.”
The U.K. has reported more than 65,000 confirmed cases of the virus, more than 7,100 of which have ended in the patient’s death, as of Thursday afternoon.
UK is under strict stay-at-home orders, which are up for review next week. But Dominic Raab, the foreign secretary, who deputized to stand in where Johnson statement indicates they are not likely to be lifted or eased immediately.
Prince Charles, the 71-year-old heir apparent to the British throne, also tested positive last month but has recovered and emerged from self-isolation after displaying only mild symptoms.