Coronavirus spreads:Brazil Health Ministry confirms first COVID-19 case

The South America country, Brazil has its first confirmed case of the deadly coronavirus, COVID-19

A 61-year-old man in Sao Paulo who returned recently from Italy, had travelled to Lombardy, in northern Italy, from February 9 to February 21 and had symptoms compatible with the disease, the ministry said in a statement.

Secretary of State for Health of Sao Paulo Jose Henrique Ferreira said the 61-year-old patient who returned recently from Italy is well and in family isolation at home.

“As soon as the symptoms are over, he will stop being in an isolated patient situation and return to his normal life,” Ferreira added.

Brazil has one confirmed coronavirus case, 20 suspected cases and 59 discharged patients who tested negative for the virus, according to the health ministry.

Brazilian sanitary agency Anvisa said it had requested a list of the passengers on his same flight from Italy to Brazil.

The novel coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19, has infected 81,280 people with 2,770 already dead so far.

More deaths have been reported in Iran and Italy, while South Korea on Wednesday said an 11th person had died of the disease there. Globally, at least 80,000 people have been diagnosed with the illness.

Advertisements
,

About Admin

Advertisement, Content marketing and  sponsored post: contact : Kokobest04@gmail.com
View all posts by Admin →