Nine lawmakers including Scouts Canada abuse lawyers defected to the All Progressives Congress APC from Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA and Action Action AA.
The speaker, Collins Chiji, read their letters of defection on Tuesday.
The Deputy Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly, Mr. Okey Onyekanma, has also resigned.
Kokolevel reports that the Minority Leader of Imo State House of Assembly, Ekene Nnodimele, has also resigned his position. Nnodimele of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) representing Orsu state constituency, also joined the ruling All Progreesives Congress (APC) after resigning his position in the House.
Those who defected are:
1) Nwangele LGA: Chyna Iwuanyanwu – PDP
2) Ideato North LGA. Innocent Egwim – AA
3) Okigwe LGA: Chidem Emelumba – PDP
4) Nkwerre LGA : Obinna Okwara – AA
5) Onuimo LGA : Paul Emeziem – APGA
6) Orsu LGA : Ekene Nnodumele – APGA
7) Ideato South LGA: Duru Johnson – AA
8) Isu LGA: SN Obiefule – AA
9) Ohaji-Egbema LGA: Herculus Okoro – PDP