Chelsea midfielder Willian speaks on Barcelona transfer link

The Chelsea and Brazilian midfielder, Willian, has said that he does not know if Barcelona are keen on his services this summer for a summer window but the Spanish champions are refusing to meet Chelsea’s £70 million asking price.

Reports in Spain have also suggested that Willian has instructed his representative Kia Joorabchian to negotiate a deal with Barca as he is ‘determined’ to leave Stamford Bridge.

Last week, it had emerged that Barcelona had made a £50m bid for Willian – but this was rejected as the Stamford Bridge outfit looked to see how the market would play out.

But the 29-year-old claims he is in the dark about his future at Chelsea.

‘Coutinho and Paulinho besides being fantastic players are two great friends of mine,’ Willian told Mundo Deportivo.

The Brazilian who is at the 2018 World Cup with his country, says he will talk about his future after the tournament.

Mundo Deportivo claimed the 29-year-old is “crazy” about forcing through a move to Barca this summer.

People speculate a lot and we see a lot of things on the Internet but this is not the time to talk about this,” Willian said in a news conference on Thursday, ahead of their quarter-final clash against Belgium.

“I’ve not received any information about whether [Barca’s interest] is true. I’m trying to focus on the national team at the moment.”

Any move for Willian would be conditioned by the future of other players in the Barca squad, as they already have their full quota of non-EU players.

However, the Mirror have reported that Barca are ready to return with a £70m bid.

It would be an extraordinary amount of money for the Catalan club to spend on a player who is nearly 30.

And with two years left on his current contract, Chelsea would be getting a great deal.

He (Coutinho) has an extraordinary quality, he’s making a great World Cup and I’m sure he will continue to do so.

‘I’m following the information about Barcelona on the internet but I still do not know anything.

Chelsea midfielder, Willian, has said that he does not know if Barcelona are keen on his services this summer.

However, the Brazilian who is at the 2018 World Cup with his country, says he will talk about his future after the tournament.

Mundo Deportivo claimed the 29-year-old is “crazy” about forcing through a move to Barca this summer.

“People speculate a lot and we see a lot of things on the Internet but this is not the time to talk about this,” Willian said in a news conference on Thursday, ahead of their quarter-final clash against Belgium.

“I’ve not received any information about whether [Barca’s interest] is true. I’m trying to focus on the national team at the moment.”

Any move for Willian would be conditioned by the future of other players in the Barca squad, as they already have their full quota of non-EU players.

La Liga rules limit clubs to just three non-EU passport holders.

Barca have Philippe Coutinho, Paulinho and Yerry Mina taking up those spots.

About KokoLevel Blog Staff

Advertisement, Content marketing and  sponsored post: contact : Kokobest04@gmail.com
View all posts by KokoLevel Blog Staff →