The emergence of former Governor of Edo State comrade Adams Oshiomhole as National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) without opposition best explains the pattern of events at the ongoing APC convention in Abuja.
Chairman of the convention committee, Gov. Badaru Abubakar, who supervised the process, called Oshiomhole’s name and demanded verbal confirmation from the delegates.
Thrice did the delegates verbally affirm the ex-governor of Edo as their new chairman.
They shouted “We affirm” thrice.
Not just Oshiomhole, 11 other officers of the party had been elected unopposed as of the time of filing in this report.
Some 20 aspirants are likely to be elected unopposed. But with a total of 42 positions to be filled in all, the convention will be anything but a boring affair, They are:
1. Ibrahim Masari, National Welfare Secretary
2. Tunde Bello, National Financial Secretary
3. Zakari Mohammed, Zonal secretary north central
4. Hassana Abdullahi, Zonal woman leader North Central
5. Nelson Abba, Ex-officio (North Central)
6. Abubabakr Ajiya, Zonal Secretary (North-East)
7. Isa Azare, Ex-officio (North-East)
8. Tukur Gusau, Zonal Secretary (North-West)
9. Nasiru Haladu, Ex-officio (North-West)
10. Mrs Rachael Akpabio, Zonal Woman Leader (South-South)
11. Misbahu L Didi, Representative of the physically challenged