3 Nigerians found dead in Delhi apartment India
The bodies of three Nigerians were found in an apartment in Mohan Garden of Uttam Nagar india on Friday afternoon.
The Hindu newspaper has reported that the trio had partied the night before in which they consumed liquor and fell unconscious.
The Times of India said all the three men were found frothing in the mouth.
Around 12.15pm, the apartment owner went to ask the men for rent. He knocked on the door for some time, but didn’t get a response. He then called others staying on the floors below. They tried calling the three men and upon failure to get a response informed the police.
police broke down the door and found two of the victims, Greece Ben and Christopher, lying on the sofa. The third man, David, was found lying face down in the adjacent room. The room was strewn with food and liquor bottles.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka) Shibesh Singh said the deceased have been identified as David Christopher, Greece Ben, and David (I), all in their 30s. While Greece used to live on the third floor of the rented accommodation, David used to reside on the second. David (I) had rented a house nearby but used to visit the two often.
DCP (Dwarka) Shibesh Singh said that inquest proceedings have been initiated. The house was rented by Ben in March. He had come to India to start a garments business. Chistropher joined him in April. Both were found carrying a valid passport and visa.
“The whole building is inhabited by people from African countries. There is a common kitchen near floor three. A resident of the building passed by and knocked on the door because of the smell, but no one opened. He then called the landlord, who called the police,” the DCP said.
Source said, they had seen the men leave the building a few times on Thursday night to get liquor. Samples from the liquor bottles have been sent for forensic analysis. The Nigerian embassy has been informed about the incident so that the family members of the men could be contacted and the bodies handed over to them.
“One of the three bodies was in a state of decomposition. There were no strangulation marks or any other external injuries on the bodies,” Mr. Singh said.
Preliminary inquiry suggests that the men died due to some sort of poisoning.
Police suspect that they had mixed their drinks that led to a chemical reaction which resulted in their death.