Niger Delta militants set for ‘operation no mercy’ ready to blow up oil facilities

The Coalition of Niger Delta Militants and the Niger Delta Avengers, NDA has announced that it had decided to resume hostilities in the oil rich region.

The Militants has vowed to resume its “operation show no mercy” on oil installations in the region.

In a statement by John Duku, the coalition leader on Saturday, said the decision to resume attack on oil facilities was “because the Federal Government does not have the interest of the Niger Delta at heart.”

“All the militants groups in the Niger Delta met today (Saturday ) and we have issued a directive that we should go back to our different states, to do everything possible to cripple all the (oil) installations.

“We are going to resume attacks and this time around, it is not going to be business as usual. We have already agreed that when we move in, it will be ‘Operation No Mercy.’

Anything we find on our way, there would be no option but to crush it. It is not only the installations; we are also going to shut down the offices of each of the oil companies.

“It is high time the Niger Delta people worked together and declared a Niger Delta Republic. We will be on our own and manage our resources.

“We had already embraced peace. We had already announced ceasefire before the Operation Crocodile Smile came.

He said that“The exercise (Operation Crocodile Smile) was done in collaboration with top oil firm directors. The Operation Crocodile Smile was unnecessary because, there was no crisis in the Niger Delta.
“But because we insisted the oil companies should relocate their headquarters to Niger Delta before October, the oil companies connived with the cabal in government and they brought the Nigerian Army to the Niger Delta to intimidate us.

“The directive on the relocation of oil companies’ headquarters came from the Vice-President, but they (oil companies) refused to relocate.

“Government should have used the money spent on Operation Crocodile Smile for the development of Niger Delta.”

in a statement by the spokesperson, self-styled “Maj-General Murdoch Agbinibo, said, the suspended Operation Red Economy would resume in the next few days, warning, “our next line of operation will not be like the 2016 campaign, which we operated successfully without any casualties. This outing will be brutish, brutal and bloody, as we shall crush everything we meet on our path to completely put off the fires that burn to flair gas in our communities and cut every pipe that moves crude away from our region.”

Meanwhile, the PANDEF,national leader, Chief Edwin Clark, said “PANDEF does not stand for violence, we stand for peace and dialogue and appeal to youths of the region to allow peace reign.” He said the federal government should hold the rival group, which had shown penchant for violence for any disturbance in the region.

NDA stated: “To the elders of the Niger Delta, PANDEF, we warned you against the antics of the Nigerian government, yet you requested a chance to broker a new vision for our people.

We told you and the rest of the world that the Nigerian government is only interested in our oil wells and not our well being, yet you told us the signs are different this time around.” “Instead of allowing us to continue our quest to bring the Nigerian economy to our targeted zero -daily production, which recorded huge success; you threatened us with Tompolo to stop the struggle.

Out of respect for elders and not to the threat of Tompolo, we adhered to the call and halted our strike actions hoping that you (PANDEF) would keep your own side of the bargain.

“As the position of the Nigerian government is emphatically made known to the Niger Delta people that its only interest remains the flow of oil from our region to the Central Bank of Nigeria, we want to make it known to the PANDEF and the Nigeria government that our call for halt on “Operation Red Economy” is officially over,” the group said.

Comments

comments